Flaxseed oil benefits are most advantageous for health conscious consumers – people who, at an early stage, want to prevent or mitigate serious ailments such as cancer, heart complications, stroke, arthritis or high blood pressure.
First used during prehistoric times, flaxseed oil continues to be well-known for the numerous health benefits it delivers to consumers; medical professionals and consumer’ even consider flaxseed as one of the most powerful plant foods available for everyday consumption.
The Root of Flaxseed Oil’s Benefits – Nutrition that Comes in Every Drop
Flaxseed oil benefits stem from the multitude of nutrients, essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and other healthy contents that aid in the functioning of the physical body. To recall, flaxseed oil is obtained from the dried seeds of the flax plant through a process called cold pressing (where extraction is made possible with the application of minimal heat only). The result is the raw, unrefined flaxseed oil which bears similarity with other organic oils such as olive oil, sunflower, and soybean oil.
The health benefits of flaxseed oil are attributed to the rich nutritional value encapsulated in every dosage of the product. The essential fatty acid or the “healthy fat” called Omega 3 is considered the main selling point of flaxseed oil. Omega 3, specifically Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) is a type of good fat that promotes the healthy functioning of the brain and induces normal blood clotting in the body. Despite the importance of ALA for a healthy physique, this fatty acid, however, cannot be produced by the body system itself. This calls the need to include Omega 3-rich foods and supplements in the diet.
In this light, one of the main benefits of flaxseed oil is the considerable amount of Omega 3 that consumers can get from it. The ALA found in the oil from flaxseeds is six times much more than those found in other sources of Omega 3 such as fish oil. This makes flaxseed oil a very potent source of Omega 3 needed by the mind and body.
Flaxseed oil likewise contains a healthy amount of Thiamine, Niacin, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6. Traces of Vitamin C and Vitamin E which strengthens the immune system and regenerates skin cells respectively, can also be found in flaxseed oil. Other important nutrients found in the oil from flaxseeds are dietary fiber, protein, manganese, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, lecithin, zinc, copper and lignan. Collectively, these essential contents increase the body’s protection among common ailments, control the body weight and aid the body in recovering from bruises or injuries.
What Are the Benefits of Flaxseed Oil?
Consumers take advantage of flaxseed oil either as a health supplement or as a healthy condiment for everyday meals. Consumer reviews, flaxseed oil reviews and the testimonies of health buffs list the following as the most evident benefits that regular flaxseed oil users can expect:
- Lowered cholesterol levels – a diet supplemented by flaxseed oil prevents dangerously high level of cholesterol because of the good fats or fatty acids found in the oil such as Omega 3.
- Lowered risk of heart diseases – consumers with the balanced and sufficient levels of ALA have lower probabilities of experiencing fatal heart complications. Early manifestations of heart problems such as inflammation and irregular heat beat can be easily addressed and remedied by the right amount of ALA.
- Increased protection from and alleviation from cancer, specifically colon and breast cancer – flaxseed and flaxseed oil contain a considerable amount of lignan and ALA which are believed to have anti-cancer properties. Studies indicate that lignin prevents the formation of estrogen-dependent cancer cells which are considered to be one of the primary reasons that triggers breast cancer. Flaxseed oil is likewise said to be able to abate the formation, growth and spreading of prostate and breast cancer and melanoma.
- Controlled weight – according to users’ reviews, flaxseed oil increases the feeling of fullness when taken before meal. Hence the constant craving and liking for the intake of food is lessened.
- Stronger Immune System – the multitude vitamins (Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C and Vitamin E) retained in flaxseed oil increase the body’s resistance to common infection and ailments.
- Relief from arthritis, joint pains or pain associated with premenstrual syndrome – because of the anti-inflammatory properties attributed to ALA, flaxseed oil, for some consumers, provide effective relief from mild to moderate cases of body aches and pains.
Flaxseed oil benefits are not only limited to those mentioned above. Like all other health supplements, consumers have learned to extend the use of flaxseed oil especially that the product has effectively delivered improvements on the health conditions of its patrons. Cure of skin infections such as eczema, prevention of asthma breakouts, cure of diabetes, and treatment of dandruff are among the additional benefits and uses that consumers can expect from flaxseed oil. Feedbacks from consumers are seen to vary from each other; however in general, flaxseed oil adhered to its image of being one powerful healthy food – a perception that made flaxseed products popular even before the prehistoric times.
Thank you for reading Flaxseed Oil Benefits: Improvements Delivered to the Body.
If you like this post please consider linking to it using this code: